50 Outstanding Blogs and Inspiring Books To Choose From
My list of 50 outstanding blogs and top books of 2017 is a compilation of some of my favourite sources of inspiration. As 2017 nears to a close it may be that you’re thinking about what next year holds.
If you have some leadership responsibility then maybe it’s time to refresh your thinking. Over the course of the year, I’ve made suggestions about books to read and I’m including a composite list of these as well.
Finally, I’ve thrown in some of my favourite sources of inspiration, blogs which regularly open my eyes to something new.Taken together, it’s my list of 50 outstanding blogs and top books of 2017.
Top 40 Leadership Blogs
Here is my list of some of the most popular leadership blogs on the web. I’ve included a few personal picks too.
I used Blog Rank which uses over 20 different factors to rank the blogs initially, but then I added some of my own wildcards. Blog Rank uses factors which include RSS membership, incoming links, Compete Alexa, and Technorati ranking, as well as social sites popularity.
As I’ve mentioned, I also blended in some of my personal favourites which make this list more bespoke.
- Michael Hyatt
- Seths Blog
- Great Leadership
- Brain Learners and Leaders by Ellen Weber
- Tanveer Naseer’s blog
- Liz Strauss at Successful Blog
- Teamwork and Leadership Bloggings with Mike Rogers
- The Practice of Leadership
- LSS Academy
- Leadership Freak — Dan Rockwell
- Out of Ur
- Women On Business
- Ron Edmondson
- The Recovering Leader
- Customer Experience Matters
- Gina Abudi
- Lead Change Group
- Linked 2 Leadership
- B2B Lead Generation Blog
- Leading Blog: A Leadership Blog @ LeadershipNow
- Sanders Says
- N2growth Blog
- Modern Servant Leader
- Adrian Swinscoe
- The Business Ethics Blog
- N2 Growth
- Mitchs Blog
- The Merrill Dubrow Blog
- Colin’s Leadership Blog
- Lead on Purpose
- The Growth Guy
- Thoughts on Education and Leadership
- Roberta’s Blog
- Management Excellence
- Jesse Lyn Stoner Blog
- The Leadership Hub
- Your Effective Leadership
- The Purposeful Leader
- Organizational Effectiveness
My Top 10 Books For Feeding Your Mind
Over the year I’ve referenced lots of books, whether I’ve been discussing happiness, leadership and success or how our minds work. Here is a list of some of my favourites which I encourage you to read if you haven’t done so yet. 1
- Humble Inquiry — Edgar Schein
- Endurance — Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage — Alfred Lansing
- Good To Great — Jim Collins
- Tribes — Seth Godin
- Drive — Daniel Pink
- The 5th Discipline — Peter Senge
- Thinking Fast and Slow — Daniel Kahneman
- The Happiness Advantage — Shawn Achor
- The Power Of Habit — Charles Duhigg
- Full Catastrophe Living — Jon Kabat-Zinn
My Top 5 Blogs For Opening Your Eyes
This a list of blogs which are always at the top of my Feedly list. They are consistently informative and bring fresh insights and thought-provoking material. I highly recommend them all.
If you like this list of 50 outstanding blogs and top books of 2017, you can download it by clicking the link below. If you enjoyed the article please like or share it.